Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Are you proud?

So I went for a job interview with a huge American company two days ago and got through the next round. It was a ability, skill and personality test done on the computer. I didn't get through, because I can't handle stress. hmmm. fyi, if I got the job it would've been long term.

And I went home. I looked into the classifieds again. I spotted this ad about a job fair in a hotel in KL. I had lunch with my grandparents and went after that.

I took a drive downtown not really sure how to get myself there, although I've a map which I didn't quite look into before I departed. I felt ridiculous. I made more than 3 wrong turns. When I finally found the place, I told myself I'm not going in. And I left. (Can you imagine?!)

Again, I don't really know my way around town. I took all the wrong junctions that would throw me into traffic jams! I was merely burning fuel for 2 hours. What kinda sign is that? Is it even a sign? Someone might just read this and kill me for wasting fuel in this state of the earth.

But while I was stuck in those traffic jams, I took a lot out of the city. We'll let the captions talk you through...


So while I was stuck here, I told myself, no one shall call me 'cutie' anymore.
I've never quite seen a toilet paper ad on so many pillars on a street. And it's just not right to call a girl 'cutie' anymore, if the toilet paper brand that your lou ma chi asks you get from the store, is Cutie.


Aren't you proud of Malaysia and how much it's moved on? I mean, this is magnificent!
Like staying in Paris, you can see the Eiffel Tower anytime you want. Stay in KL and you can see not just one but two skyscrapping buildings that carries an identity of the country you live in! That's two huge buildings!


Really, you're proud? What is the meaning of the pedestrian alert sign?
Nobody really takes note of it.
Tell me, how many Malaysians have you encountered, jams on their brakes and screeches just before a pedestrian crossing, just so pedestrians can cross or even jay-walk?

I'm only half proud. You?


It's random me, I just felt like this pic looks like it was taken in Hong Kong!


Maybe, this, I am fully proud. Malaysia has our very own "Avenue Champs-Elysees" situated in the part of the city that really, doesn't sleep, Jalan Bukit Bintang.


Also, along that part of the city that doesn't sleep, is The Ugliest Fountain I've Ever Seen. Feels like Ursula.


And that's the other skyscrapping building.


Can you imagine work everyday, is to sit outside the shop you work for, waiting for barely existent customers while in front of you is traffic jam, only?


Kuala Lumpur semakin meningkat.
No? I think it's a good caption for this picture. Only for the picture. Fact-wise, no comment.


This is me stuck in traffic, with a gloomy weather.

I watched a movie with one of my newfound good friends last night. And met up with his other friends at a bar. Didn't think the night would end so late.
Having 3 hours of sleep and then stay up all day, doing all sorts of things, including drinking, I think I did well.

I drove home from Brickfields in about 13 minutes after sending my friend back. Not bad ey? But I think I can do better. Maybe I should practise more and be a car racer. Oh, bad joke.

Gonna get ready to meet Ms Melissa-is-always-busy-with-exams. The last time we met was in my house, during CNY. Next year's CNY is like.. in 2 months? Mel oh mel!

So much for now.

ciao!

No comments: