Friday, June 02, 2006

Love strucked by budak Indon.

Date:1st June 2006

Find out if I'm a good friend!


Have you ever stepped into a hotel's kitchen? The ones with every kitchen top being stainless steel? The one with AIR-COND! ? Kitchens where all the chefs and juniors chefs wear their complete uniform? Well I have before this, but today's kitchen is WAYYYY different. Funny how I didn't feel my heart throbbing. I felt a lil shrunk, but it was good experience!

Gosh I don't know where to start! Well, I joined this Taylor's College Life In One Day[CLIOD] program which was held today, at Taylor's itself. Daddy sent me there, hung around till more people came. Then he left, and I was alone. Well, alone only because I didn't know the people there la. We were given "goodie bags", which contained a DoctorJob magazine on Hospitality, a personal organizer with calculator, and a t-shirt from Taylor's.

owh owh! Before I go too far, before daddy and I approached Taylor's College, we had to pass by a condo. and just outside of the guard house, we saw a few ladies sitting around smoking cigs and being all flirty. As we approached nearer, *gaaaa!!!*" They're men! with large adam's appleS! Lol!!!

Back to where I was, I was put in the kitchen, with 4 other students, while 4 more students were put in the restaurant. We had a mission! Well,sorta. We were supposed to help the students prepare lunch for outsiders[students or VIPs]. Well, we were all briefed through by Chef Chong, then I followed my 2 "buddies" to their stations. started off by peeling the carrots,then the sweet potatoes. Then it went on with cutting and stuffs. We had our breaks at11am[it started at about 9am]. Well, the eating part, there weren't much. The food was BAD,like fried noodles with black sauce. Anyway, I didn't go there to eat!

Well, my buddy is from Indonesia and speaks English quite surprisingly fluently. She started talking to another guy who was in-charged for restaurant service today in Indonesian language[he's from restaurant service, but my buddy and I were from the kitchen. They're taking the same course, but they do their lunch services alternately.]. Her guy friend, who I thought was local, is so GOOD LOOKING!!! =) I found out much earlier that she, her name's Catherine[or Katherine?]is of the same age as I am! She took her o-levels and didnt have to go through the shyt I'm going through now. Then she told me that her guy friend is also of the same age as us! I got a silent shock in myself. And *hmm... he's not too old. By next year, he's my senior, I can still see him right? owh! so hot!* LOL!!!I'M SERIOUS! No joke, he's soooo hot! but he's now VERY tall. Him in the waiters' uniform with the vest, the apron.. *shivers* *blushes* ahahahaha!!! and he said.."hah! I pass my spm earlier!" The students were friendly, well, some not very. But overall, okay.

After our break, we went back to the kitchen, and clean the beef/remove the fats. Tie it up using a butchery string. Well, I won't tell you everything in detail. I'm sleepy. Anyway, they cooked the beef in the oven, with the carrots and sweet potatoes which were already half boiled earlier. When the guests arrived, that was the bussiest moment. When you get an order, you prepare, you send to the pick-up, then the restaurant students go serve. It was pretty much a tiring day, but truly beneficial!

My only regret is that I didn't take any of my buddys' contacts, and worse still, I don't even know the hot Indon guy's NAME!=( Big big regrets! No picture somor! His face is fading of my memory bit by bit! I had a camera in my bag. I should've gone back to the kitchen and snap some photos with them! you see,this is what I hate about myself! When everything isn't able to be undone, I get all the ideas and thoughts bout what I should've done. It's irritating ya' know? *URGH* I wanna meet the Mr Indon again! He's so fun. and cute.!!!

I told you all the nice things[and maybe some not..]but I haven't told you something. Did I mention Chef Chong earlier? Well, whether I did or not, he's the teacher there. By first impression,he turned me off. He reminds me of my school's counselling teacher, Puan Lin. =.=" He had a pimply pimply face! Maybe he wasn't meant to be in the kitchen, cause it might have affected his complexion. He wasn't fluent when speaking English and then I thought 'die lor..'. But I still gave a chance. The word I remember him saying the most that cracks me up, vegetable. vre-ge-rable. LOL. My mum almost spit-spray out her drink when I pronounced it at dinner. There was another teacher/chef there too, but he was teaching students from Culinary Arts course. What I was under, was Hospitality Management[food service, kitchen, room service,accounting..and more..]. That teacher, looked like John Lim from 5BR. Talked the same way, mann, I can't imagine John in a chef's uniform. ahahaha!

Well, I'd prefer to take up Culinary Arts which would be concentrated on cooking and presenting the food with quality and.. and... and whatever la. When I learn next year, I'll tell you kay! Ofcourse there are other teorical studies in Culinary Arts too, but not the same as Hotel Management. I wanna cook, I don't wanna *knock knock, ma'am, room service!* -no. So, to get a scholarship, I guess I gotta work my ass out studying soon enough.

*

*

*

*

*

=( I wanna get to know the Indonesian guy!!! I will join Taylors, even if I'm in Culinary Arts, I can still see him! Well,I'm not pursuing college just for the guy, it's just inspiration, okay?! Yor, somebody atleast give me his name la?! I don't wanna call him budak Indon! Moga-moga kita jumpa lagi ya? *sobs*

vrillie's done.

No comments: