The story goes...
Last night, I stayed up late packing and chatting.. Till 5am! It was raining heavily, and so I decided to sleep before the thunder freak me out.
Next thing I know, mummy appear in my room and switch on my lights..
"WHERE IS SCHNAUZY?!"
"huH? How I know?!"
"SCHNAUZY IS LOST. YOU BETTER COME DOWN NOW."
(and i was thinking, shyt, what did I do?! Schnauzy lost? You kiddin' me.. and what, it's only 7am?!)
I put on some shorts and run down. (It still didn't occur to me, she is FREAGGIN' LOST!)
I am downstairs and I see mummy going frantic, Oreo my black labr. jumping licking as usual.
"Where's Schnauzy???!!!"
"Don't know! The gate lights were on, the gate was shut, Oreo was soaking wet outside the gate, waiting!"
And I started to cry like hellllllll......
I took my set of keys and asked where's daddy and kakak.. Both different directions. I chose one way and walked out. Crying, calling out her name, in fury and devastation. As I make a circle behind the housing area, I was crying so badly I couldn't continue. So I walked back.
Dad came back too and my sister was taking Marley out to search for Schnau. She was frantic, I was crying.
I sat down on the floor, I prayed and cried and cried and cried. Okay, enough crying.
I went along with daddy, drove about approximately 4 housing areas. No sign of her.
We came back home, I showered, had something to eat and some coffee to open my eyes. I came up to my room and posted notices online, everywhere. I thought I was going crazy. No, I was more likely, going to fall asleep.
Dad talked to our immediate neighbour about the loss. And our neighbour said he came home late last night and saw our gate open! So since it's an automatic-electrical gate, he just drew the door back. And that's the reason why the lights were on! (Hard to explain) He didn't take note about any missing dogs though. (So now we know how these donkeys went out.)
I was supposed to type out a notice, print and go photocopy then laminate, at college. I couldn't. I knew if I drove, I'd hit something. So I slept for a lil more than an hour.
I woke up, to some hesitation as it was raining and nothing really I can do. But heck, THEN WHEN AM I GOING TO DO IT? AND HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW I LOST SCHNAUZY??!
So I drove to college at about 2.30pm, got the photocopying done. Gosh, I was WORKING in the photocopy shop. I did a lot. I spoke to a lot of people. Left the notices about, and drove about 2 housing areas again. Drove home. Started punching holes in the notices to hang up.
Mummy came home, thought she'd take Oreo for a walk and look for Schnau but she couldn't handle the big dog. We decided to have dinner and then go put up notices, with Oreo. Mum was expecting some clients so she took a walk outside.
She saw 2 men, father and son putting up a notice just below a notice of a lost dog that my dad found weeks back. At first she thought they knew that dog. And turns out they were actually putting up a notice about SCHNAUZY! They found her at 3pm, very close to my house. Like at a crossroad before my house. It was drizzling heavily and she was all wet and shivering. She eventually went to them and they sent her to PAWS.
Thank GOD for such kind souls! I had to wait for mum's client to go, and then I could go with mummy to pick her up! Oh, did that take long! And when we got there, it was all dark, the dogs were barking.. I clanked the padlock on the grill..
A Myanmar worker came out and offered help, or not. We told him about someone sending our dog there and bla bla bla.. And he says no he can't help because he's not authorized to do so. And the office is closed. He said "you can come back in the morning." Hell yeah I know, but did you know how much I was going to go crazy? Well, it made sense, but I was mad cause he was rude. Then I told myself, he's probably not educated in this way. Nevermind, as long as Schnauzy is in safe-hands.
So, I pray she sleeps well tonight, and we gonna pop a champagne tomorrow morning!
Thank you ALL for your concern and prayers.. and your faith too!
While all the above happened, I wondered, how would I go to France like this? I'd be crying on the plane, crying here and there. Shyt, hell no. She's gotta be home before I go! And I was sms-ing everyone and anyone to lookout for my dog, if not just pray.
I think the prayers were heard and kind souls were sent to rescue baby.
That's how my day went. I'm back to pack my bags for France. And my convocation is tomorrow!!! =)
My love for Schnauzy is still ocean-sized,
avrril
Saturday, February 07, 2009
How was the rascal lost and found?
Posted by
avrril leow
at
1:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
awrr =) thats good :)! im happy for you! :)
Post a Comment