An excerpt from The Holiday (2006)
Excuse me if some aren't wholly correct, I played and paused numerous times to catch the lines.
Iris: ... that he wasn't in love with me like I thought. What I'm trying to say is I understand the feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible and how it can actually ache in places that you didn't know you had inside you.
And it doesn't matter how many haircuts or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends, you're still going to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the hell for that brief moment you could think you were that happy? And sometimes you could even convince yourself and think they'll see the light and show up at your door.
And after all that, however long all that, maybe, you'll go somewhere new and you'll meet people that make you worthwhile again and little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff; all those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade.
**************************
Thursday, March 11, 2010
This too shall pass.
Someone going through an absolutely undeserving heart-breaking time of her life but is still able to speak with a little bit of faith knowing that it will all go away someday, yet she's crying while saying it.
Posted by
avrril leow
at
6:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment